How to Inspire Your Team With a Meeting in Massachusetts
A successful group meeting is in the combined effort of its key players. Securing the perfect venue is just one step in our SMART method, in ensuring a hassle-free event. With a little focus and planning, you can make the most out of your corporate gathering. Explore your options for spacious boardroom venues in Sturbridge, Massachusetts and plan the perfect group meeting!
A successful meeting is a product of intense preparation. While we use the SMART method in conceptualizing our business goals, it's important to note that it can also be applied when having your corporate gathering in Massachusetts. So here's our SMART list of aspects to consider as you plan your inspiring meeting and here they are,
Group Meeting Checklist
- Be Specific - Include details and as much information as possible. Include specific information to your to-do list such as; organize the guest list, choose the invitations and set up an RSVP spreadsheet. This helps to make your meeting realistic in both workload and time commitment when you look at it.
- Measurable Deliverables - How do you know when you have done it, or how can you track your progress? Letting your team be aware of measurable projects allows them to interpret whether they are doable or not. Tracking attendance could also be a factor in determining if an event was a success if that is your goal, so it is important to define the terms to accurately measure progress.
- Attainable Agenda - How realistic is the goal you're setting for your team? Are there any constraints that are standing in your way? Do you have the budget and the right equipment to have your gathering? Is your venue big enough to accommodate all the attendees? There's a fine line between a dream and a goal, so make sure you are on the right side of the line.
- Is the meeting Relevant? - It should be fairly simple to identify the relevance of your event. Ask yourself - should you even be having this meeting? Is it worthwhile and applicable to your/your peer's career, event or personal progression? If you have answered no to any of these questions then your goal is not relevant.
- Time-Bound - Set a time limit for your meeting, it's that simple. Open ended goals have a tendency to be ignored as there is no sense of urgency. Your goals should have an expiration date so that you & your team are working towards something and you should aim for the deadline to be challenging, yet realistic.
Meeting Venues in Sturbridge, MA
Find a venue that goes in line with SMART planning and you'll have a successful meeting. Located in charming Sturbridge, Massachusetts on the shores of Cedar Lake, Sturbridge Host Hotel and Conference Center offers over 35,000 square feet of flexible event space. Request for a proposal
today and host your next corporate retreat, business meeting or conference in a lakeside setting that clears the mind and inspires creativity.